TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
- Television and radio ministries: “Breath of Life” was seen each Sunday morning on KATC TV- 3 for several years and aired on KFXZ 106.3 FM radio Monday – Friday and on Sunday morning.
- Media Ministry which enables tape, CD and video production of Pastor’s sermons.
- PLANT Ministry to identify personality and spiritual gifts, assess abilities, nurture passion and track life experiences.
- Church Growth Seminar through R E C Ministries to help build a healthy flock.
- Sunday Intercessory Prayer, Sunday Discipleship Session, Empowerment Hour (formerly Sunday School).
- Noonday Bible Study, Tuesday Night Live/Hour of Power (Prayer Meeting & Bible Study) and A.C.T.I.O.N.
- COPP Classes: three members have received diplomas in Christian Education from the National Baptist Convention USA, Inc.
- Additional services: Sunday mornings at 7:45 and 10:30; Lord’s Supper/Baptism on first Sunday at 6 pm. Now services are held each Sunday at 9:15 am and on first and third Sunday at 6 pm.
- Appointment of an Administrative Assistant, Office Manager/Secretary, Minister of Music and seven Core Ministers to give leadership to the various facets of ministry – Administration, Worship, Fellowship, Stewardship, Evangelism, Education and Discipleship.
- Founded Hope Economic Development Corporation which created United Daycare & Learning Center, housed grades 6 & 7 from N P Moss Middle School during the repair closure.
- Published its first Pictorial Directory to be distributed in July
Because of the increase in membership, Good Hope has outgrown the facilities at 1325 South Magnolia Street. In December 2004 construction of our Family Life Center at 1501 East Willow Street began after eight years of prayer and planning.God made provision for the successful completion of this awesome project. The groundbreaking ceremony was held on December 12, 2004. Over 200 members and public official were in attendance along with Larry Guidry (now deceased) of Guidry Beasley Architects and representatives of JB Mouton Contractors. November 2005 was projected for the completion of the Family Life Center.
Just as we cannot determine the time of Jesus’ return, we could not determine the exact time for the completion of the Family Life Center. Katrina and Rita caused a delay in completion; however these were times when we were able to share our wealth and good fortune with those affected by these devastating hurricanes in 2005. It was not until February 2006 that we were able to move into our new home. The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and Dedicatory Service took place on March 5, 2006 and every Sunday and Tuesday in the month of March pastors and churches from near and far shared in our celebration.Our God is an awesome God and continues to bless the Good Hope family. As we celebrate 130 years standing on His promises, we joyful anticipate the construction and completion of the sanctuary which will be built adjacent to the Family Life Center where will continue to worship and praise God for His many blessings, His grace and His mercy!
GHBC History Timeline
Polk & Congress Streets
1325 South Magnolia Street
Preliminary Drawing Submitted
Schematic Design Completed
Final Payment on Property
Construction Document Completed
Bidding Process Completed
Closing with ECCU – Construction Begins
Ground Breaking – December 12
1501 East Willow Street
Schematic Design for Sanctuary
- 1878 – 1912
Reverend T.J. James
Reverend G. Oliver
Reverend Finister Hamm
- 1913 – 1958
Reverend Albert R. Butler
- 1958 – 1982
Reverend Albert David Teno, Jr.
- 1982 – 1987
Reverend E. Harris, Jr., Washington, LA
Reverend Ed Harris, Shreveport, LA
- 1987 – 1992
Reverend Francis Davis
- 1992 – Present
Ricky E. Carter, Th.D., Senior Pastor-Teacher